What is Yoga?
I teach Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa Flow. The word “yoga” comes from Sanskrit and means union of body, mind, spirit, and environment. Its more than an exercise routine, yoga is a complete science of balanced living and a path to higher knowledge and joyful abundance. When adhered to and practiced mindfully, the yoga principles and techniques can be the keys to unlocking your full creative potential, your capacity for love and compassion, and your ability to find success in all areas of life.
What are the benefits of Yoga?
The remarkable benefits of a regular yoga practice only hint at the extraordinary power of this deeply spiritual practice.
- Increase in muscle tone, flexibility, and strength
- Improved balance
- Improves respiration, energy, and vitality
- Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism
- Promotes cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Relieves pain and strengthens posture
- Improves your athletic performance and endurance
- Helps relieve stress
- Helps achieve body-centered restful awareness
- Encourages positive thoughts
- Develops self-acceptance
- Yoga builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you and the needs of others
- Promotes a deeper connection between mind, body, and spirit
- Helps you to experience a deeper connection to self and spirit, on and off the mat
Yoga is more than a system of physical fitness. It is a science of balanced living, a path for realizing full human potential.
What Will I Learn in a Yoga Class?
- The physical benefits of the asana (or pose)
- Pranayama breathing exercises
- Strength, flexibility and balance postures
- Sanskrit terms for poses/asanas
- Meditation techniques
- Energy opening postures